One of the finest golf experiences anywhere can be found at the Des Moines Golf and Country Club. The 36 holes (North and South courses) are original Pete Dye designs (1967 & 1968), and consistently appear in the annual Golf Digest state rankings. Both courses were renovated from 2013-2016 under the supervision of Mr. Dye and his associate, Tim Liddy.
The Golf shop is owned and operated by the Club year round and offers a full selection of clothing and golf equipment, very attractively priced on a cost plus basis as a service to our members.
Whether you are a beginner or accomplished player, the Country Club's golf programs will meet your needs. Here are just a few of our annual offerings:
- Men's Golf: Player of the Year, summer long Single and 2-Person match play, Stroke Play championship, Country Club Invitational (Member-Guest), Hawkeye Classic, and Member-Member.
- 9 and 18 Hole Ladies' Golf: These season long Tuesday morning programs offer the chance to sign up and meet new players throughout the course of the summer. New events each week allow players of all ability levels to enjoy the company and the competition.
- Seniors' Golf: With over 100+ weekly players, our senior golf program (age 50+) is one of the largest in the state. Mixers, Shambles, Texas Best Shot, Stroke and Handicap tournaments are just a few of the events this group will conduct in their summer long season.
- Couples Golf or "Twilights": These are conducted several times a season. These Friday evening events are fully themed with golf and dinner to follow. Since guests can often be brought with no additional green fee charge, twilights are one of the most popular events at the club.
- Junior Golf: Starting with our "Mighty Mites" program at age 5 and working through high school, we offer one of the most complete junior golf programs anywhere. Events include: Match and Stroke Play events, Interclub competitions, Putt, Pitch and Drive contest, Player of the Year competitions and Guest Day. Since 2012, the program has averaged over 250 students per year and during that 5 year window, has had over 55 participants play on their local high school teams. 14 of those (55) have gone on to play college golf.